ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
Oil and gas possibility of crystalline basement taking into account development in it of non-structural traps of combined type
In this communication, from the perspective of modern views, the following issues are highlighted. A brief overview of the regions – large oil and gas bearing basins, in which hydrocarbon deposits are currently being developed in the deposits of the crystalline basement, is given. The problems of non-anticline-type collector traps, usually non-structural, combined, widely developed in basement deposits, are considered. The existing characteristic features of oils in deposits from a crystalline basement are voiced. As a result of the study, ever-increasing volumes of world oil production from base sediments were noted, the difficulty of identifying and classifying traps in it, and the almost lack of originality of the composition of oils in the foundation compared with oils in the overlying or adjacent parts of the sedimentary section, are shown.
crystalline basement, oil fields, hydrocarbons, combined traps, oil composition, oil and gas potential
- Dmitrievskii A.N., Shuster V.L., Punanova S.A. (2012).The Pre-Jurassic complex of Western Siberia as the new stage of oil and gas content. Problems of prospecting, exploration and development of hydrocarbon deposits. Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbruchen, Germany, 135 p. (In Russ.)
- Dolson John, He Zhiyong, Horn Brian W. (2018) Advances and Perspectives on Stratigraphic Trap Exploration-Making the Subtle Trap Obvious. Search and Discovery. Article #60054, 67 р. http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/pdfz/documents/2018/ 60054dolson/ndx_dolson.pdf.html
- Gutmanis J., Batchelor T., Cotton L., Doe S. (2013). Hydrocarbon production from fractured basement formations. GeoScience Limited, 11, 43 p.
- Huy X.N., Bae Wisup, San T.N., Xuan V.T., Sung Min J., Kim D.Y. (2012). Fractured Basement Reservoirs and Oil Displacement Mechanism in White Tiger Field, Offshore Vietnam. Online Journal for E&P Geoscientists. http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/pdfz/abstracts/html/2012/90155ice/abstracts/nguyen.pdf.html
- Kerimov V. Yu., Leonov M.G., Osipov A.V. et al. (2019). Hydrocarbons in the Basement of the South China Sea (Vietnam) Shelf and Structural-Tectonic Model of their Formation. Geotectonics, 53(1), pp. 42-59. (In Russ.)
- Koning T. (2016). Oil and gas production from basement reservoirs: examples from Indonesia, USA and Venezuela. Downloaded from at Pennsylvania State University: http://sp.lyellcollection.org/
- Koning T. (2019). Exploring in Asia and Africa for oil & gas in naturally fractured basement Reservoirs: best practices & lessons learned. Proc. Sci. and Pract. Conf.: «Hydrocarbon and Mineral Raw Potential of the Crystalline Basement», Kazan: Ikhlas, pp. 237-240.
- Korzhov Yu.V., Isaev V.I., Kuzina M.Ya., Lobova G.A. (2013). The genesis of the Pre-Jurassic oil deposits of the Rogozhnikovskoye group of fields (based on the results of studying the vertical zoning of alkanes). Izv. Tomskogo politekhn. Universiteta, 323(1), pp. 51-56. (In Russ.)
- Krupin A.A., Rykus M.V. (2011). Oil and gas potential of granites of the folded basement of South Mangyshlak (on the example of the Oimash field). Neftegazovoe delo, 9(3), pp. 13-16. (In Russ.)
- López L., Lo Mónaco S. (2017). Vanadium, nickel and sulfur in crude oils and source rocks and their relationship with biomarkers: Implications for the origin of crude oils in Venezuelan basins. Organic Geochem., 104(2), pp. 53-68.
- Morariu D. (2012). Сontribution to hydrocarbon occurrence in basement rocks. Neftegasovayа geologia. Teoria i practika, 7(3), http://www.ngtp.ru/rub/9/51_2012.pdf
- Mosca F., Dharmasamadhi W., Bird R. (2019). Lacustrine derived oil, new and unique evidences from the Nam Con Son basin Vietnam. 29-th International Meeting on Organic Geochemistry (IMOG), Gothenburg, Sweden, pp. 217-218.
- Muslimov R.Kh., Plotnikova I.N. (2019). The crystalline basement of sedimentary basins is the key to understanding the processes of naftidogenesis. Proc. Int. Sci. and Prct. Conf.: Hydrocarbon and mineral-raw potential of the crystalline basement, Kazan: Ikhlas, pp. 237-240. (In Russ.)
- Oknova N.S. (2012). Non-anticlinal traps and their examples in oil and gas provinces. Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 7(1), (In Russ.). http://www/ngtp.ru/rub/10/10_2011/pdf
- Petroleum Geology AES/TA 3820. (2019). Delft University of Technology. https://ocw.tudelft.nl/wp-content/uploads/PGeo_L6_Petroleum_Geology_-_Lecture_6_08.pdf
- Punanova S.A. (2014). Hypergene Transformed Naphthides: Features of the Microelement Composition. Geokhimiya, 1, pp. 64-75. (In Russ.)
- Punanova S.A., Rodkin M.V. (2019). Comparison of the contribution of differently depth geological processes in the formation of a trace elements characteristic of caustobiolites. Georesursy = Georesources, 21(3), pp. 14-24. https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2019.3.14-24
- Punanova S.A., Shuster V.L. (2012). Geological-geochemical conditions for oil and gas content availability of Pre-Jurassic deposits located on West-Siberian platform. Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdenii = Geology, geophysics and development of oil and gas fields, 6, pp. 20-26. (In Russ.)
- Punanova S.A., Shuster V.L. (2018). A new approach to the prospects of the oil and gas bearing of deep-seated Jurassic deposits in the Western Siberia. Georesursy = Georesources, 20(2), pp. 67-80. https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2018.2.67-80
- Serebrennikova O.V., Vu Van Khay, Savinykh Yu.V., Krasnoyarova N.A. (2012). Oil genesis of White Tiger (Vietnam) oil field according to the composition data of saturated acyclic hydrocarbons. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo Universiteta, 320(1), pp. 134. (In Russ.)
- Shuster V.L. (2003). Problems of oil and gas content of crystalline basement rocks, Moscow: Geoinformtsentr, 48 p. (In Russ.)
- Shuster V.L., Punanova S.A. (2016). Justification of Oil and Gas Potential of the Jurassic-Paleozoic Deposits and the Basement Formations of Western Siberia. Georesursy = Georesources, 18(4), Part 2, pp. 337-345. DOI: 10.18599/grs.18.4.13
- Shuster V.L., Punanova S.A., Kurysheva N.K. (2011). A new approach to assessing the oil and gas potential of fbasement formations. Proc. Int. Conf.: The Current State of Earth Sciences, Moscow: Geol. faculty of Moscow State University, pp. 2116-2118.
- Shuster V.L., Punanova S.A., Ngo L.T. (2018). Features of the geological structure and petroleum potential of pre-Jurassic deposits of Western Siberia and the basement of Vietnam. Neftyanoe khozyaistvo = Oil industry, 10, pp. 16-19. (In Russ.)
- Trice R. (2014). Basement exploration, West of Shetlands: progress in opening a new play on the UKCS. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 397, рр. 81-105. https://doi.org/10.1144/SP397.3
Punanova S.A. (2019). Oil and gas possibility of crystalline basement taking into account development in it of non-structural traps of combined type. Georesursy = Georesources, 21(4), pp. 19-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2019.4.19-26