ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
The global energy transition: challenges and opportunities – a perspective from North America
Paris climate accord, carbon-neutral economies, renewable energies, carbon capture sequestration and storage
- 12th Annual World LNG Report (2021). International Gas Union, Barcelona, Spain.
- Conca J. (2021). The International Energy Agency’s Bizarre Roadmap For Global Decarbonization. Forbes.
- Donovan C. (2020). Centre for Climate Finance and Investments. Imperial College, London.
- International Energy Agency (2021). Net Zero by 2050: A Roadmap for the Global Energy Sector. https://www.iea.org/reports/net-zero-by-2050
- Koning T. (2021a). The Every-Changing Dynamics of the International Oil and Gas Industry. Online Event Series: Re-Energizing and Positioning Upstream Exploration in Southern Africa. European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Koning T. (2021b). The Energy Transition – Challenges and Opportunities. Presentation. Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Calgary, Canada.
- Koning T. (2021c). The Global Energy Transition – Challenges and Opportunities. Presentation. First International Petroleum Data Base Conference, Luanda, Angola, West Africa.
- Kreeft G. (2020). Ranking the Majors on Energy Transition. Africa Oil + Gas Report, 21(5).
- Morison R., Hurst L. (2021). The Race for Blue (and Green) Hydrogen: How Gas Giants are Vying to Stay Relevant. Bloomberg.
- Marsh, A., Quinson, T. (2021). Exxon’s Loss Marks Turning Point for Socially Conscious Investors. Calgary Herald.
- Quebec Spurns $9B LNG Project (2021). Ottawa Citizen.
- Reguly, E. (2021). Big Oil’s bad day won’t change much in the foreseeable future. The Globe and Mail.
- Russian Oil Giants Pen Carbon-Focused Pacts with Shell and Baker Hughes (2021). Upstream magazine.
- Tinker S. (2021). Critical Thinking for Equitable Energy. IPAA. https://www.ipaa.org/events/industry-insights-webinar-031721/
- Wacket, M., Piper, E., (2021). G7 Agrees to Terminate International Funding for Coal in Climate Push. Reuters.
- Whaley J. (2021). Increasing Energy While Decreasing Carbon, GEOExPro magazine, 18(2).
- Xu., C., Bell, L. (2021). Oil market recovery stays the course amid risks. Oil & Gas Journal, pp. 18–29.
Senior Geologist – Independent Energy Consultant
Koning T. (2021). The global energy transition: challenges and opportunities – a perspective from North America. Georesursy = Georesources, 23(3), pp. 53–58. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2021.3.8