ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
Prospective targets of geological exploration in the Siberian platform and criteria of their feasibility
D.V. Milyaev, A.D. Savelyeva
The relevance of the study is due to the reducing number of prospective blocks remaining unlicensed in Eastern Siberia and the need for feasibility study of the remaining potentially attractive blocks.
The aim of the study is evaluation of the resource potential and allocation of new prospective license blocks in Eastern Siberia based on geological and economic criteria.
The methods and instruments used in the study. To perform the economic analysis of resources and to assess the efficiency and risks of subsoil exploration and development, the authors used the results of in-house regional geological and geophysical modelling and economic research. A feasibility study of each potential pool was conducted on the author’s automated complex GeoProfi. The authors used probabilistic analysis and the cash flow discounting method to draw up an expert forecast.
The results of the study. The study covers the present state and development prospects of oil and gas fields in the Siberian Platform within the Krasnoyarsk Territory, the Irkutsk Region, and the Sakha (Yakutia) Republic. The top priority petroleum zones were analysed. A feasibility study of selected areas was conducted. The income density and feasible recoverable reserves density were mapped. The critical parameters that indicate unprofitable targets were calculated. The most feasible subsoil blocks were determined based on the correlation of economic and probability parameters.
oil, gas, reserves, resources, Eastern Siberia, the Siberian Platform, geological exploration, production, subsoil block, petroleum zone, critical parameters, net present value, risks analysis, economic assessment, efficiency
- Efimov A.S The state of the hydrocarbon resource base in the Siberian Federal District. Mineral Resources of Russia. Economics and Management. 2017 (in print). (In Russ.)
- Formation of information geological basis for determining the directions of development of the mineral resources base of Statoil Russia AS. Coordinator Milyaev D.V. et al. Report of SNIIGGiMS, Novosibirsk. 2016-2017. (In Russ.)
- Launched construction of Sila Sibiri [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.gazprom.ru/press/news/2014/september/article199948. (In Russ.)
- Milyaev D.V. Risks of subsoil users as a deterrent to investment activity in the implementation of long-term projects of the development of new areas. Problems of investments attracting in the development of oil and gas resources: Proc. International scientific conference. Novosibirsk, SNIIGGiMS. 2007. Pp. 129-137. (In Russ.)
- Prospective license blocks of Eastern Siberia and the Sakha (Yakutia) Republic. Coordinator Milyaev D.V. Novosibirsk. 2017. (In Russ.)
- Staroseltsev V.S. Geological and geophysical conditions of the southeastern extension of the Siberian Platform. Geology and mineral resources of Siberia. 2015. No.4. Pp. 3-10. (In Russ.)
- The state balance of mineral resources of the Russian Federation. Oil, gas, condensate. The Sakha (Yakutia) Republic. Moscow. 2016. (In Russ.)
- Varlamov A.I., Gert A.A., Milyaev D.V. et al. Methodological recommendations on geological and economic assessment of oil, gas and condensate resources. Novosibirsk, Moscow. 2015. Novosibirsk: Svin’in i sy’nov’ya. 2016. P. 59, appx. 3. (In Russ.)
Siberian Research Institute of Geology, Geophysics and Mineral Resources (SNIIGGiMS), Novosibirsk, Russia
Milyaev D.V., Savelyeva A.D. Prospective targets of geological exploration in the Siberian platform and criteria of their feasibility. Georesursy = Georesources. 2017. V. 19. No. 2. Pp. 88-96. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1859 9/grs.19.2.1