ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
Pore Space Change of Various Lithotypes of the Kerogen Domanic Rocks at Different Heating Rates
D.R. Gafurova1, D.V. Korost1, E.V. Kozlova2, A.G. Kalmykov1, G.A. Kalmykov1
The results of pore space changes as a result of heating Domanik Formation rock samples at different heating rates are shown. Microtomography method revealed that after heating in significant changes may arise, lens-like large pores can be formed, the number of pores and their coherence increase. It was found that changes in the pore space depend on the texture of rocks, the amount of organic matter and its degree of maturity, with all the factors must be considered together. Heating rate also influences the change in the pore space. The results should been considered in the retrieving of the natural reservoirs formation.
Domanik Formation, pore space, samples heating, kerogen cracking
- Bazhenova O.K., Burlin Yu.K., Sokolov B.A., Khain V.E. Geologiya i geokhimiya nefti i gaza [Geology and geochemistry of oil and gas]. Moscow: MGU. 2000. 384 p. (In Russ.)
- Behar F., Kressmann S., Rudkiewicz J.L., Vandenbroucke M. Experimental simulation in a confined system and kinetic modeling of kerogen and oil cracking. Org. Geochem. 1992. V. 19. No. 1-3. Pp. 173-189.
- Behar F., Roy S., Jarvie D. Artificial maturation of a Type I kerogen in closed system: Mass balance and kinetic modeling. Organic Geochemistry. 2010. V. 41. Pp. 1235-1247.
- Burnham A.K., Happe J.A. On the mechanism of kerogen pyrolysis. Fuel. 1984. V. 63. Pp. 1353-1356.
- Espitalie J., Bordenave M.L. Rock-Eval pyrolysis. In: M.L. Bordenave (Editor) Applied Petroleum Geochemistry. Technip ed., Paris. 1993. Pp. 237-361.
- Gilyazetdinova D.R., Korost D.V. Transformation of void space in the simulation of the generation of hydrocarbon fluids in the example domanic horizon of the Souf-Tatar arch. Moscow University Geology Bulletin. 2015. No.5. Pp. 78-86. (In Russ.)
- Ishiwatary R., Fukushima K. Generation of unsaturated and aromatic hydrocarbons by thermal alteration of young kerogen. Geochimica et Cosmocimica Acta. 1979. V. 43. Pp. 1343-1349.
- Jing Zhao, Dong Yang, Zhiqin Kang, Zengchao Feng, A micro-ct-study of changes in the internal structure of Daqing and Yan’an oil shales at high temperatures. Oil Shale. 2012. Vol. 29. No. 4. Pp. 357-367. doi: 10.3176/oil.2012.4.06
- Kobchenko, M., H. Panahi, F. Renard, D. K. Dysthe, A. Malthe-Sørenssen, A. Mazzini, J. Scheibert, B. Jamtveit, and P. Meakin , 4D imaging of fracturing in organic-rich shales during heating. J. Geophys. Res. 116.B12201. doi:10.1029/2011JB008565.
- Korost D.V., Nadezhkin D.V., Akhmanov G.G. Void space of oil-source rock during the generation of hydrocarbons: laboratory experiment. Moscow University Geology Bulletin. 2012. No.4. Pp. 32-37. (In Russ.)
- Lopatin N.P., Emets T.P. Piroliz v neftegazovoy geologii [Pyrolysis in oil and gas geology]. Moscow: Nauka. 1987. 143 p. (In Russ.)
- Stuart R. Stock, Microcomputed Tomography, methodology and applications. Taylor & Francis Group. 2009.
- Tisso B., Vel’te D. Obrazovanie i rasprostranenie nefti [Generation and distribution of oil]. Moscow: Mir. 1981. 501 p. (In Russ.)
- Tiwari P., Deo M., Lin C.L., Miller J.D. Characterization of oil shale pore structure before and after pyrolysis by using X-ray micro CT. Fuel. 2013. 107. Pp. 547-554.
- Tisot P.R. Alterations in Structure and Physical Properties of Green River Oil Shale by Thermal Treatment. Journal of chemical and engineering data. 1967. 12. Pp. 405-422.
1Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
2Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Moscow, Russia
Gafurova D.R., Korost D.V., Kozlova E.V., Kalmykov A.G., Kalmykov G.A. Pore Space Change of Various Lithotypes of the Kerogen Domanic Rocks at Different Heating Rates. Georesursy = Georesources. 2017. V. 19. No. 3. Part 2. Pp. 255-263. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.19.3.17