ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
Hydraulic fracturing efficiency evaluation in the vicinity of a single well for a reservoir with two fractures
The solution of fluid flow problem in an unbounded homogeneous reservoir penetrated by a single well with two intersecting fractures with taking into account their hydrodynamic resistance is constructed and investigated. A general integral representation of the perturbed pressure field is obtained using the instantaneous point-source. As a particular case, the quasi-stationary operating mode of the well is considered. The accuracy and limitations of the obtained asymptotic solutions are estimated. A comparative analysis obtained results is done. Well productivity and the pseudoskin factor for the fractures system are determined, explicit analytical expressions for these characteristics are constructed. In the course of computational experiments, the interaction of intersecting fractures at different opening angles are investigated. An estimate of the efficiency of repeated hydraulic fracturing of the productive formation is obtained. It is shown that the maximum flow is achieved for a perpendicular arrangement of the fractures, and the distribution of the outflow (inflow) along the flat vertical fracture essentially depends on its relative filtration resistance.
hydraulic fracturing, crack azimuth of repeated fracturing, efficiency of repeated fracturing, quasi-stationary operation of well, pseudoskin factor of repeated fracturing, filter resistance in cracks, instantaneous point-source, fracture hydrodynamics
- Abramowitz M., Stegun A. (1979). Handbook of Mathematical Functions. Moscow: Nauka, pp. 58-59. (In Russ.)
- Carslaw H.S, Jaeger J.C. (1964). Conduction of Heat in Solids. Moscow: Nauka, pp. 251-259. (In Russ.)
- Charnyj I. A. (1963). Underground hydro gas dynamics. Moscow: Gostoptekhizdat, pp. 250-313. (In Russ.)
- Cinco-Ley H., Samaniego V.F., Domínguez A.N. (1978). Transient pressure behavior for a well with a finite-conductivity vertical fracture. SPE Journal, 18(4), pp. 253-264.
- Economides M., Oligney R., Valkó P. (2002). Unified fracture design: bridging the gap between theory and practice. Alvin, Texas: Orsa Press, 25 p.
- Lihtarev A. V., Pestrikov A. V. (2010). Opredelenie kojefficienta produktivnosti skvazhiny, peresechennou dvumua treshhinami gidrorazryva plasta raznogo azimuta, na osnove matematicheskogo modelirovaniua [Determination of the production efficiency of a well crossed by two induced hydraulic fractures of a different azimuth, based on mathematical modeling]. Nauchno-tehnicheskiy vestnik OAO “ NK” Rosneft’”, pp. 12-14. (In Russ.)
- Meehan D. N., Horne R.N., Ramey H.J. (1989). Interference testing of finite conductivity hydraulically fractured wells. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. Society of Petroleum Engineers, pp. 137-152.
- Morozov P.E. (2016). Psevdoskin-faktor i optimal’naya provodimost’ vertikal’noy treshhiny gidavlicheskogo razryva plasta [Pseudoskine factor and optimal conductivity of vertical induced hydraulic fracture]. Mezhd. nauchno-prakt. konf.: Innovacii v razvedke i razrabotke neftyanyh i gazovyh mestorozhdeniy [Proc. Sci. and Pract. Conf.: Innovations in explorationa and development of oil and gas fields], Kazan, pp. 53-56. (In Russ.)
- Prats M. (1961). Effect of vertical fractures on reservoir behavior-incompressible fluid case. SPE Journal, 1(02), pp. 105-118.
- Raghavan R., Joshi S.D. (1993). Productivity of multiple drainholes or fractured horizontal wells. SPE Form. Eval., 8(01), pp. 11-16.
- Tikhonov A. N., Samarskii A. A. (1999). Equations of Mathematical Physics. Moscow: MSU, pp. 477-485. (In Russ.)
Yulia I. Yakhina
59/1 Magistralnaya str., Kazan, 420108, Russian Federation
Yakhina Yu.I. (2018). Hydraulic fracturing efficiency evaluation in the vicinity of a single well for a reservoir with two fractures. Georesursy = Georesources, 20(2), pp. 108-114. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2018.2.108-114