ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
Expanding the experience of using non-stationary waterflooding technology with changing direction of the filtration flow in the example of the Northern Buzachi field
The last few years, work has been carried out to study the effectiveness of non-stationary exposure in the highly viscous oil field Northern Buzachi (Republic of Kazakhstan). It has been proved that this technology is quite effective in the development of highly viscous oil reservoirs, however, in order to constantly maintain high technological effect, a constant modification of this technology is required, since it has a characteristic feature of rapid «aging». Further search for the conditions of effective application of non-stationary exposure on highly-viscous oil deposits can be carried out in two directions: the implementation of non-stationary exposure in new areas with other reservoir parameters and the change in the parameters of non-stationary exposure technology (including combining with other technologies) in areas where this technology is already in use. Both approaches are used on the Northern Buzachi field. Thus, the positive experience of using non-stationary waterflooding in combination with changing direction of the filtration flow in the section of the seventh block of the Northern Buzachi field allowed us to recommend new sites for the implementation of this technology. With the participation of the author of this work, a non-stationary waterflooding program was developed and implemented on the site of the sixth block (south) of the first operational facility.
well, highly viscous oil, non-stationary exposure, changing direction of the filtration flow, oil flow rate, water cut, reservoir pressure maintenance, injection capacity
- Khalimov R.N., Tazetdinov I.R., Korepanov D.I., Al’mukhametova E.M., Khalimov I.N., Gabdrakhmanov N.Kh., Petrova L.V., Nugaev R.Ya., Khazipov R.Kh. (2014). Issledovanie nagnetatel’nykh skvazhin s povyshennymi ust’evymi davleniyami vsledstvie vysokikh plastovykh davleniy avtonomnymi priborami metodom termometrii [Study of injection wells with high wellhead pressure and high reservoir pressure by autonomous equipment based on thermometry method]. Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov [Problems of gathering, treatment and transportation of oil and oil products], 4(98), pp. 98-107. (In Russ.)
- Nauchno-tekhnicheskoe soprovozhdenie razrabotki mestorozhdeniya Severnye Buzachi (2014). [Scientific and technical support for the development of the Northern Buzachi Oil Field (Contract No. SC12/113/00/S)]. Moscow, ZAO «Konkord», 369 p. (In Russ.)
- Obosnovanie programmy geologicheskikh issledovaniy flyuidov. Informatsionnyy otchet o NIR po dogovoru «Nauchno-tekhnicheskoe soprovozhdenie razrabotki mestorozhdeniya Severnye Buzachi» (2013).[Feasibility of the Program of fluids geological studies. Research report on contract «Scientific and technical support for the development of the Northern Buzachi Oil Field» (Contract No. SC13/242/00/S)]. Moscow, ZAO «Konkord», 71 p. (In Russ.)
- Ogandzhanyants V.G. (1969). Teoriya i praktika dobychi nefti pri tsiklicheskom zavodnenii [Theory and practice of oil production in cyclic waterflooding]. Itogi nauki i tekhniki, ser. «Gornoe delo» [Results of science and technology, ser. «Mining»]. Moscow, pp. 39-79. (In Russ.)
- Vladimirov I.V., Al’mukhametova E.M., Varisova R.R. (2014). Vliyanie izmeneniya rezhima raboty dobyvayushchey skvazhiny na effektivnost’ vyrabotki zapasov nefti. Teoriya [Effect of changing the producing well operation mode on the efficiency of developing oil reserves. Theory]. Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov [Problems of gathering, treatment and transportation of oil and oil products], 2(96), pp. 15-16. (In Russ.)
- Vladimirov I.V., Varisova R.R., Al’mukhametova E.M. (2016). Izmenenie rezhima raboty dobyvayushchey skvazhiny kak variant optimizatsii kollektora dvoynoy pronitsaemosti [Changing the mode of production wells as an option to optimize collector dual permeability]. Neftegazovoe delo = Petroleum Engineering, 14(4), pp. 40-44. (In Russ.)
- Vladimirov I.V., Veliev E.M., Al’mukhametova E.M., Abilkhairov D.T. (2014). Primenenie nestatsionarnogo zavodneniya na zalezhakh vysokovyazkoy nefti s kollektorom dvoynoy pronitsaemosti. Teoriya [Application of non-stationary flooding for extra-viscous oil from the collector with dual permeability. Theory] Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov [Problems of gathering, treatment and transportation of oil and oil products], 4, pp. 16-25. (In Russ.)
- Vladimirov I.V., Veliev E.M., Al’mukhametova E.M. (2014). Opredelenie optimal’nykh periodov raboty/prostoya nagnetatel’nykh skvazhin pri nestatsionarnom zavodnenii zalezhey vysokovyazkoy nefti s kollektorom dvoynoy pronitsaemosti [Determination of optimal periods of operation/downtime of injection wells in the non-stationary flooding of high viscosity oil reservoirs with a double permeability collector]. Energoeffektivnost’. Problemy i resheniya: materialy XIV mezhd. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Power Efficiency. Problems and Solutions: Proc. XIV Int. Scientific and Practical Conf.], pp. 56-57. (In Russ.)
- Zhang H., Bai B. (2010). Preformed Particle Gel Transport through Open Fractures and its Effect on Water Flow. SPE 129908, 16(2), pp. 388-400.
Zhdanov S.A., Miyan A.V., Surguchev L.M., Castanier L.M., Hanssen J.E. (1996). Application of Foam for Gas and Water Shut-off: Review of Field Experience. European Petroleum Congress, Milan, Italy, pp. 377-388.
Elvira M. Almukhametova
Branch of Ufa State Petroleum Technical University in Oktyabrsky
54a Devonsky str., Oktyabrsky, 452607, Russian Federation
Almukhametova E.M. (2018). Expanding the experience of using non-stationary waterflooding technology with changing direction of the filtration flow in the example of the Northern Buzachi field. Georesursy = Georesources, 20(2), pp. 115-121. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2018.2.115-121