ISSN 1608-5078 (Online)
• Journal Georesursy (Georesources) publishes original research articles, short communications, field process reports, discussion articles, symposia proceedings and review articles on the prospecting, exploration and development of the mineral resource base of hydrocarbons and solid minerals (Scientific Fields of the Journal).
• Georesursy (Online) ISSN 1608-5078, Georesursy (Print) ISSN 1608-5043
• The Journal has been published since 1999.
• Frequency. The Journal is published in print form with the periodicity of 4 issues per year (issuance schedule).
• Founder: Khristoforova Daria
Editors are directly responsible for prevention of publication malpractice. All articles that fail to meet the below standards, i.e., if some kind of malpractice or unethical behavior are discovered at any stage (even after the publication), will be immediately removed from publication. All mentioned persons undertake the following obligations and strictly observe them in their activities. The chief editor or publisher considers all controversies about compliance with these obligations.
The editors and the editorial board are obliged to:
• Ensure consideration of all materials submitted for publication, compliance with editorial independence and integrity in making objective decisions, without prejudice to the authors on the basis of ethnic or religious affiliation, social status, regardless of commercial interests and relations with the Founder of the journal;
• Not to allow the publication of works in respect of which there is sufficient reason to believe that they contain falsification of results, plagiarism, false attribution of authorship, have no scientific value, do not fit the profile of the journal and its published editorial policy;
• Ensure absence of conflict of interests;
• Ensure the adoption of measures for compliance with published materials; inspect content of publications on the subject of plagiarism and duplicate publication;
• Decide on the acceptance or rejection of an article for publication on the basis of comments of independent reviewers in general; report on final decision and reasons for its adoption to the authors;
• Not to correct arbitrarily the author's text, coordinate with the authors the final version of the article after editorial changes;
• Not to disclose without the written consent of the author the work process on the article and its contents, not to transmit the author’s material without permission of the author to third parties, except for the journal reviewers; follow the author's right to intellectual property, preventing their use for personal purposes without the consent of the author;
• Not to leave unanswered complaints concerning the examination of manuscripts or published materials; in a conflict situation take all necessary measures to redress for a violated right;
• Ensure publication of denials or corrections in the case of error detection;
• Involve peer review of objective and competent professionals; carry out their replacement, if necessary;
• Guarantee a provision of an independent review of materials in a manner allowing ensure the integrity and objectivity of statements about the scientific value of the article proposed for publication;
• Maintain confidentiality of personal data of reviewers;
• In accordance with the journal policy establish the procedure for the review of materials submitted for publication;
• Implement journal’s policy to ensure and maintain a high standard in the scholarly literature, to identify suitably qualified editorial board members who can actively contribute to the development and good management of the journal; implement journal’s policy of constant improvement of review institutions, editorial process and materials’ expert review;
• Inform the authors and reviewers of what is expected from them.
• The editors and the editorial board are aware of their responsibility for the decision to accept or reject the article.
Authors of publications are obliged to:
• Confirm the authenticity and validity of the data provided;
• Ensure that the article is published for the first time and has not been previously published or sent to another journal;
• Ensure that the list of authors includes only those who have made significant contribution to the work, and that researchers who deserve the authorship are not excluded from the list of the authors;
• Participate in the process of finalizing the article and, if necessary, provide a denial or correct errors;
• Take into account all the works that had value in conducting research, and provide links to them;
• Avoid excessive borrowing and plagiarism in any form;
• Not to use information from a personal conversation or correspondence; the information can be used in research only with the written consent of the person who provided it;
• Not to copy from other publications references to the works with which they are not familiar;
• Ensure the originality of the research results; the use of works or statements of other authors should be given with an indication of the bibliographic references to relevant work, referring primarily to the source;
• Notify the editors in case of any error detected in submitted publication, accepted for publication or already published work and interact with the editor for the early withdrawal of the publication or correction of errors;
• Disclose in their manuscript every financial or other support for the research, on the results of which the manuscript has been prepared;
• Disclose a conflict of interests that may be perceived as influenced the results or conclusions presented in the work.
• If the work involves the use of chemicals, procedures or equipment, during operation of which any unusual risks are possible, the author must clearly identify it in the manuscript.
• If the work assumes participation of animals or humans as objects of study, the authors should ensure that the manuscript states that all stages of the study comply with the legislation and regulations of research organizations, and are approved by the relevant committees. The manuscript should clearly reflect that all the people who have become objects of study gave informed consent. It is always necessary to monitor compliance with rights to privacy.
• If the editor or the publisher have received information from a third party that the publication contains significant errors, the author is obliged to withdraw the work, or to correct errors as soon as possible.
Reviewers are obliged to:
• Provide an objective and reasoned assessment of the material submitted;
• Respect the point of view of the author; personal criticism of the author is unacceptable;
• Identify meaningful works, corresponding to the research topic, but not mentioned by the authors;
• Inform the members of the editorial board if the manuscript under review has a significant similarity to previously published articles, that is, cases of plagiarism;
• If there is a conflict of interests or other reasons not to assess the article objectively, report on this to the editors for the selection of another reviewer;
• Do not use for personal purposes unpublished data obtained from the manuscripts submitted for consideration; do not store copies or transmit materials of the article under review to other persons;
• Maintain confidentiality when reviewing.
Publisher is obliged to:
- 1.The Publisher follows the principles and procedures to facilitate the execution of the ethical obligations of the editors, the editorial board, reviewers and authors of the journal in accordance with these requirements. The Publisher confirms that the potential profit from advertising does not affect the decisions of the Editors.
2.The Publisher promotes good practices for conducting research and implements industry standards in order to improve the ethical recommendations, withdrawal procedures and error corrections.
3.The Publisher provides the appropriate specialized legal support in case of need.
4.The Publisher supports journal editors in the review of complaints raised concerning ethical issues and help communications with other journals and/or publishers.
Conflict of Interests
All participants of the publication process (authors of manuscripts, editorial board, and reviewers) must disclose any conflict of interests caused by potential competition, as well as their personal or other attitudes, etc. Authors are directly responsible for peaceful settlement of all conflicts that occur during manuscript preparation. The editorial board and reviewers must provide objective and impartial work on the manuscript submitted by authors. If any conflict situations arise at this stage, the persons concerned must delegate their responsibilities to other members of the editorial board or reviewers.
The Publishing Ethics of the journal “Georesursy” is prepared based on the materials of the International Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Scientific Fields of the Journal Georesursy (Georesources)
The Journal publishes original research works on the prospecting, exploration and development of the mineral resource base of hydrocarbons and solid minerals. The journal discusses topical issues of subsoil use, state and development prospects of oil and gas and mining industries, including their technical and technological equipment.
Much attention is paid to the advanced research methods and their application in geology of oil fields, the study of reservoirs.
The journal publishes articles in the following areas:
• Geology of mineral deposits;
• Search, exploration and development of mineral deposits;
• Mineral resources and reserves;
• Geochemical studies;
• Geophysical surveys and geo-information technologies;
• Management of subsoil use;
• Mineralogy and lithology;
• Oil and gas potential and its development;
• Reserves difficult to recover, unconventional sources of hydrocarbons;
• Problems of geoecology;
• International experience and international cooperation;
• Discussion questions.
Perspective authors should not feel limited by the announced sections; we are ready to widen our scope if we receive original and topical content.
Scientific and technical journal Georesursy (Georesources) is published on a quarterly basis.
- No. -Date
1 --- March, 30
2 --- June, 30
3 --- September, 30
4 --- December, 30